The Creative Coast Job Board is designed to help our valued local companies recruit new talent, and is intended to be a high-quality, curated showcase of local employers and family-sustaining job opportunities available in the Grand Traverse Region.
When an employer submits a job posting it undergoes a review and may, or may not, be posted on the Creative Coast Job Board. To help you determine if a job posting will be posted, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- The Creative Coast job board will accept most job postings that pay at minimum $22/hour or $45,000/year.
- Jobs can be full-time, adjunct or part-time, and may pay hourly or be salaried.
- Paid or stipend internships or paid co-op positions will also be accepted.
- A job posting which highlights a career fair or company hiring event will also be accepted.
- Jobs must be located within one of the five Grand Traverse Region counties: Grand Traverse, Leelanau, Kalkaska, Antrim, or Benzie. Remote jobs may also be posted.
WHY THE PAYRATE PARAMETERS
Having a curated, robust, and well-promoted job board improves the size and quality of the talent pool for everyone in the Grand Traverse Region.
Curation of the Creative Coast job board defined around pay rate parameters is to ensure alignment with Traverse Connect’s mission which is: to encourage the growth of family-sustaining careers in the Grand Traverse Region. The definition of a family-sustaining hourly pay rate and annual salary for the Grand Traverse Region has been determined using metrics established by the ALICE (Asset-Limited, Income-Constrained, Employed) metrics, the Michigan League for Public Policy, and MIT’s Living Wage Calculator.
- FREE TO USE – Sign up and post jobs at no cost.
- EASY JOB POSTING – There are no complicated forms to complete, just a simple interface that only asks for the essentials. Plus, once you’ve created an employer account you can log back in any time and post new jobs.
- PROMOTIONAL SUPPORT – We provide a weekly run down of featured job postings via social media, as well as monthly highlights in our newsletter.
- ANALYTICS & TRACKING – Track key metrics, including how many job seekers have viewed or clicked ‘Apply’ on your job postings, and even likes & dislikes of words and phrases in your job descriptions. Use this job seeker feedback to update your job postings and attract the most relevant candidates.
- APPLICANT TRACKING SYSTEM – If you don’t have an ATS or hiring process in place already, this platform allows your team to accept and review applicants.
- SUPPORT & TROUBLESHOOTING – The team at TrueJob (the host platform) will be available to assist with any technical problems or questions you have. Just email email@example.com
- IMPROVING THE GRAND TRAVERSE REGION FOR EVERYONE – A high quality showcase of key employers and job opportunities can be a difference maker when a newcomer is deciding whether to move to our region. Posting your job openings is a small step that will help us as we work to grow our talent pool for everyone!*
*The Creative Coast job board is free to use. However, employers can explore the further benefits of becoming an investor member with Traverse Connect here.