POST A JOB
The Michigan’s Creative Coast Job Board is designed to help our valued local companies recruit new talent, and is intended to be a high-quality, curated showcase of local employers and family-sustaining job opportunities available in the Grand Traverse Region.
When an employer submits a job posting it undergoes a review and may, or may not, be posted on the Creative Coast Job Board. To help you determine if a job posting will be posted, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- The Creative Coast job board will accept most job postings that pay at minimum $22/hour or $45,000/year (total cash compensation).
- Jobs can be full-time, adjunct or part-time, and may pay hourly or be salaried.
- Paid or stipend internships or paid co-op positions will also be accepted.
- A job posting which highlights a career fair or company hiring event will also be accepted.
- Jobs must be located within one of the five Grand Traverse Region counties: Grand Traverse, Leelanau, Kalkaska, Antrim, or Benzie. Remote jobs may also be posted.
“Michigan’s Creative Coast was able to help me find and recruit a top sales and marketing leader for a local manufacturing company. The job board attracts top talented people who already call Northern Michigan home and those desiring a relocation to our community. I will continue to share the Michigan’s Creative Coast job board with others as a resource to help find top talent.”
~ Sara Harding, Transitional Manager & Expert at PeakTactic
WHY THE PAYRATE PARAMETERS
Having a curated, robust, and well-promoted job board improves the size and quality of the talent pool for everyone in the Grand Traverse Region.
Curation of the Creative Coast job board defined around pay rate parameters is to ensure alignment with Traverse Connect’s mission which is: to encourage the growth of family-sustaining careers in the Grand Traverse Region. The definition of a family-sustaining hourly pay rate and annual salary for the Grand Traverse Region has been determined using metrics established by the ALICE (Asset-Limited, Income-Constrained, Employed) metrics, the Michigan League for Public Policy, and MIT’s Living Wage Calculator.
- FREE TO USE – Sign up and post jobs at no cost.
- EASY JOB POSTING – There are no complicated forms to complete, just a simple interface that only asks for the essentials. Plus, once you’ve created an employer account you can log back in any time and post new jobs.
- PROMOTIONAL SUPPORT – We provide a weekly run down of featured job postings via social media, as well as monthly highlights in our newsletter.
- ANALYTICS & TRACKING – Track key metrics, including how many job seekers have viewed or clicked ‘Apply’ on your job postings, and even likes & dislikes of words and phrases in your job descriptions. Use this job seeker feedback to update your job postings and attract the most relevant candidates.
- APPLICANT TRACKING SYSTEM – If you don’t have an ATS or hiring process in place already, this platform allows your team to accept and review applicants.
- SUPPORT & TROUBLESHOOTING – The team at TrueJob (the host platform) will be available to assist with any technical problems or questions you have. Just email email@example.com
- IMPROVING THE GRAND TRAVERSE REGION FOR EVERYONE – A high quality showcase of key employers and job opportunities can be a difference maker when a newcomer is deciding whether to move to our region. Posting your job openings is a small step that will help us as we work to grow our talent pool for everyone!*
LOOKING FOR INTERNS?
MATCH WITH STEM INTERNS
Ann Arbor SPARK and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) run Michigan STEM Forward, a statewide program that matches students attending Michigan colleges and universities with internship opportunities at the state’s leading innovative companies. Companies do not have to be in a specific industry, but all internships must be STEM-focused. Michigan STEM Forward provides students with meaningful career experience and promotes job retention in the state, while providing financial support at up to 50% pay.
Note that your business does not need to be located in a SmartZone to apply. The application form will ask you to list your local SmartZone Representative. If your company is located in Northwest Lower MI and is a member of Traverse Connect please list Camille Hoisington at Traverse Connect. Otherwise, please list Joni Krolczyk at the Michigan Small Business Development Center. If you have any questions about the MI STEM Forward program please contact Ben Ernst at: firstname.lastname@example.org
GET THE RESUME PACKS
Would you like to receive resumes delivered straight to your inbox? Anyone can submit a resume via our job board page. You can sign up here to receive those resume packs direct via email every two weeks!
PROMOTE LIVING UP NORTH
Let us help you secure the best talent by sending new and prospective hires our way for full-service relocation assistance.
As an employer we know that you are concerned with attracting the best talent to work for your company. Our Michigan’s Creative Coast initiative is designed to be a one-stop relocation resource for everything a new hire needs to know to live, work and get connected in the Grand Traverse region. We have put together boilerplate language and graphics about Michigan’s Creative Coast that employers can easily add to their career pages or job postings. The goal is to help new, and prospective, talent find out more about what it’s like to live, work and explore in the Traverse City area.
Show new talent what ‘life Up North’ can offer with Michigan’s Creative Coast videos.
You can view the full collection of Michigan’s Creative Coast video projects here, including stories from residents who recently moved to the Grand Traverse Region. Our talent attraction video “Make It Here“ invites the viewer to imagine their life in the Grand Traverse Region. We invite you to add this video, or any of our other videos, to your site (just click the paper airplane icon on the video and select the < /> icon to get the video embed code):
*The Michigan’s Creative Coast job board is free to use. However, employers can explore the further benefits of becoming an investor member with Traverse Connect here.